Thursday, April 01, 2010

Thought to keep

"I can be affected by what happens to me; I refuse to be reduced by it"
Maya Angelou

After note: People mostly interpret things the way 'they' hear it, not the way 'you' intended for it to be heard. (To float some not- required jargon, its called confirmation bias, in behavioral economics). So, I often happen to be at the receiving helm, like you might find yourself...

The thought for me (and you, if you agree with me) is that such things will alter you and me, but we need to be strong enough to shrug it off, making sure it doesn't 'reduce us'.

And though this might seem trivial, these trivialities go a long mile in shaping you. Not just those once-in-a-lifetime, topsy turvy happenings. Isn't that how collective culture gets formed, bit by bit, chisel by chisel?

No comments: